Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bruins Hockey Puck Grooms Cake

Today was my most recent bride's rehearsal dinner for their wedding. "M" contacted me months ago asking if I would be able to make a groom's cake for her fiance. Taking some of his favorite things into consideration, we designed a Boston Bruins Hockey Puck cake. The cake is a 10" round, triple layer cake. The cake is an amazing white vanilla cake, filled with a rich, yummy chocolate pudding filling, iced with an incredible (if i do say so myself) light, creamy, fluffy Italian Meringue vanilla butter cream. Of course, we decked it out with black vanilla fondant, giving it a slightly grainy appearance for texture - after all, it's GOT to LOOK like a puck (just not TASTE like one! ;o) I added edible images of the team logo, her fiance's favorite F-16 AND, though I'm a Yankee fan... the Boston Red Sox "B"! We delivered it this evening and I'm more than excited to hear the feedback. I can only hope that they love it as much as I do! Best Wishes "M" - to you and your hubby-to-be! Enjoy every bite and every second that follows! Happy Wedding!

Here are some pics!





No comments: