Friday, August 13, 2010

PINK! PINK! PINK! with a cherry on top!


one of the coolest things about having a website are the people you "meet" via the internet. a very sweet woman contacted me asking if i could make a cake for her daughter's birthday. what i LOVED about this was that she knew exactly what she wanted and it was a cool, new cake that i hadn't made before. it was all... mandy, meet "pinkalicious"...i LOVE knew things!

now, i don't know much about this whole "pinkalicious" thing, except that it's PINK. it's all about pink. and it's SO adorable, and pink and girly!

i sketched up a few different designs for her and her daughter picked the final cake! here's her choice:
(having the little birthday girl pick my cake? i secretly think that is SO exciting, because that makes making cake SO much more of a challenge, knowing there is a little girl waiting to see her cake and you KNOW she was going to want it to be perfect!)

anyway, the cake was a triple layer white vanilla cake, filled with a really amazing banana custard. it was iced in vanilla italian meringue butter cream). i then decorated it with tinted vanilla fondant. i also included an edible image of the "pinkalicious" character. i topped the whole thing with a giant cupcake (which also had filling inside) and my FAVORITE thing ever!! the cherry!!!!!!! SO CUTE!

here are some pics:





you KNOW i love feedback!! here it is!!:

"Mandy!!! The cake looked amazing!!!!!!!!! No that's an understatement!! It was spectacular. K was in love with it. I can't lie, we were sad to cut it but the moment we did and took the first bite it melted in our mouths delicious!!!!
Thank you so much for helping me give my little K the cake of her dreams!!!
She will never forget this cake and neither will I!!
Much luck with all your future orders!! Thanks Cheeky..lol"

as usual, it really doesn't get any better than that for me! thanks for letting me be a part of your family's special celebration!

ps- my two FAVORITE pictures:

*sigh*... sometimes, the photographer in me just LOVES me soooo much! :o)

No comments: