Sunday, November 7, 2010

Arsenal Footballer Cake (and yes, i mean soccer...)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEON!



Well, if you know me, you know that I have major love for soccer. Football, soccer...whichever your preference, it's an awesome game. You might not know this, but I've played soccer my whole life and though I haven't played in quite a while, my heart is forever in the game. I can still be found kicking the ball around, still have my old practice goal, still have my cleats, I'm still so much a footballer. And yes, ever since I was old enough to know, I've called it football. Because soccer was football before American football was football...plus I've always thought it sounded cooler and let's face it... I desperately want to have a link to my favorite countries...even if it's only in the lingo. SO... when a neighbor asked me to make a last-minute cake for her husband, I was MORE than excited to do so. First of all, this family is one of my favorites in a MAJOR way. And secondly...umm, hello?! I get to make another cake.

So the birthday boy requested my chocolate cake and my chocolate icing. His wife simply said, "Here's a picture of his favorite football club." His team: Arsenal. The Gunners. (I guess that makes him a "gooner"... you'd have to know some of the club history to get that one...) A team out of Halloway, North London. They play in the premier league and are one of the top clubs amongst English footballers. - So my neighbors had little else to request and just said "Eh, surprise us!"... Umm, OK! I can't wait to hear and see the response to this one! I'll post about it!

This time I wanted to showcase this new style I'm developing. The style? Crisp, clean, cool, flawless, perfection with a "wow, that looks so real" kinda vibe. I want to forge my name as a source for exactly what my new, official, trademarked slogan states: "elegant cake. edible art." I guess I'll let you guys decide, but if you want my opinion?... I think it kicks you know what... in a major way.

~









Cake details:
Chocolate cake
Chocolate Butter Cream
Vanilla (tinted) fondant
Sugar paste and Royal Icing details
100% edible

Single thick layer 10x14" carved cake, with added 1/4 globes.



*Arsenal Logo property of The Arsenal Football club of Halloway, North London.*

No comments: