Saturday, September 12, 2009

Down Under Delicious! Australian for CAKE!

Well my husband (Brian) took me to Australia for our honeymoon! It was amazing, but that's a whole other blog! His birthday was only a week or so after we returned to the States! I thought it was only appropriate that I make him a cake to commemorate the best vacation we've ever been on...EVER!


This was a cake shaped like the continent of Australia - two layers thick of the best chocolate chip vanilla cake ...tinted to match the red sands of the Outback! I filled it with some homemade cannoli cream too!


It was iced in a red sand-tinted vanilla cream and highlighted by some white ocean waves. The cake rested upon oceans of blue fondant with a few edible white-tipped reef sharks, to add an element of DANGER!
Everything was edible by the way... I like the challenge!


Sitting atop the cake was my edible husband complete with snorkel gear and a little koala to keep him company...her name was Chelsea (so named after the koala we met and HUGGED whilst in Oz!)



Obviously, he loved it!


I don't know what he wished for though...he did already marry me! ;o)


No comments: